RT Volunteer Programs
Refugee Transitions is seeking volunteers for our Education programs: Home-based Tutoring (youth and adult students of all ages), After-School Programs (high school students), and Classes (adult students). Work with us to help our new neighbors acquire crucial English skills, catch up on academics, and learn to navigate their new lives in the U.S.
We are committed to providing a transformative, cross-cultural experience for students and volunteers alike. We will support you with trainings, curriculum, resources, and more. Join us and change someone’s world. Your world might change, too.
What you need to know:
• RT volunteering is long-term: minimum of 6 months or a school semester.
• All volunteers must be 18+.
• No experience or knowledge of other languages necessary.
• Only able to volunteer evenings and weekends? Home-based tutoring is your best option.
• How to apply: please click on the images below to read about our volunteer programs, and submit a volunteer application.
Who is the ideal RT Volunteer?
- Shares our commitment to seeing newcomers thrive.
- Is patient, flexible, culturally sensitive, and dedicated to our community.
- Has an interest in tutoring.
- Wants to learn about those we serve.
- Would like to improve their teaching, advocacy, and mentorship skills.
Why volunteer with RT?
- Make an immediate and direct impact on other people's lives.
- Be the change - our program puts you in the driver's seat.
- Develop your skillset, including your ability to teach English!
- Receive trainings, curriculum, resources, and professional support from our team of dedicated staff.
- Gain a unique cross-cultural experience and explore a new language!
- Expand your personal and professional network through happy hours and other RT volunteer events.
- You can volunteer in a way that fits your schedule: home-based volunteers are free to set their schedule with their student.
- Go on a paid field trip!
- It's rewarding, needed, and fun!
Contact us today!