Refugee Transitions is seeking volunteers for our Education programs: Home-based Tutoring (youth and adult students of all ages), After-School Programs (high school students), and Classes (adult students). Work with us to help our new neighbors acquire crucial English skills, catch up on academics, and learn to navigate their new lives in the U.S.
We are committed to providing a transformative, cross-cultural experience for students and volunteers alike. We will support you with trainings, curriculum, resources, and more. Join us and change someone’s world. Your world might change, too.
• RT volunteering is long-term: minimum of 6 months or a school semester. We strive to build deep cross-cultural relationships in which students and volunteers can meaningfully share in each other’s journeys.
• All volunteers must be 18+.
• No experience or knowledge of other languages necessary.
• Only able to volunteer evenings and weekends? Home-based tutoring is your best option.
• How to apply: please click on the images below to read about our volunteer programs, and submit a volunteer application.
Who is the ideal RT Volunteer?
Shares our commitment to seeing newcomers thrive.
Is patient, flexible, culturally sensitive, and dedicated to our community.
Has an interest in tutoring.
Wants to learn about our students.
Would like to improve their teaching, advocacy, and mentoring skills.
Why volunteer with RT?
Build a meaningful cross-cultural relationship and get exposed to new knowledge and perspectives.
Make an immediate and direct impact in your community.
Develop your skill set, including your ability to teach English.
Receive training, curriculum, resources, and professional support from our team of dedicated staff.
Meet new people through RT’s community gatherings such as field trips and events.
It's rewarding, needed, and fun!
Contact us today!